COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
War/Drama. During World War I, two British soldiers (Dean-Charles Chapman, George MacKay) are sent into German territory to deliver a message to a colonel (Benedict Cumberbatch).
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; frequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions; infrequent use of scatological slang
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence in a war context – blood, corpses, and wound detail
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in recreational and historical contexts
- The horrors of war
- Commitment to a purpose
- Duty, responsibility, and perseverance
Rated 14A for detailed war violence and coarse language