COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Comedy. Two best friends (Tiffany Haddish, Rose Byrne), who have a make-up company, find themselves at odds when a high powered business woman (Salma Hayek) offers to buy half of their business.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references - some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and cannabis use in a recreational context
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions in a comedic context
Rated 14A for coarse language