COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Cantonese/English-language Drama/Action. Ip Man (Donnie Yen) travels to San Francisco in hopes of finding a school for his son to attend.
- Frequent use of ethno-cultural slurs; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence, most in a martial arts context, some in a bullying context – blood and some detail
- Infrequent portrayal of alcohol and tobacco use in recreational and historical contexts
- Tradition and respect
- Race relations in America
- Cultural legacies
Rated 14A for violence