COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Comedy/Drama. Determined to become the leader of the Dominion of Canada, a young W.L. Mackenzie King (Dan Beirne) rises to power.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence, some involving animals – blood, decapitation, and some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity - no nudity, some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in recreational and historical contexts
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions - some detail
- Dedication to a purpose
- Aspiring to greatness
- Canadian history
Rated 14A for sexual content and some mature themes and imagery