COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama/Biography. During World War II, an Austrian farmer (August Diehl), opposed to the Nazis, becomes a conscientious objector when he is drafted into the German army.
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence - little blood or detail; infrequent depictions of explosions and corpses in a newsreel context - no blood, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of smoking and alcohol use in recreational and historical contexts - little detail
- Conscience and resistance
- Courage and social pressure
- Morality and ethics
Rated PG for mature subject matter and some violence