COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Horror/Thriller. A young woman (Imogen Poots) and her sorority sisters (Aleyse Shannon, Lily Donoghue, Brittany O'Grady) start receiving threatening messages at Christmas, as other women go missing.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence in a frightening context - some blood, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexually suggestive scenes - little detail
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol use, some to excess, in a recreational context - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions - no detail
- Gender and power
- Toxic masculinity
Rated 14A for violence and frightening scenes