COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. Based on the novel by Norman Lebrecht. Several years after his childhood friend (Clive Owen), a violin prodigy, disappears on the eve of his first solo concert, an Englishman (Tim Roth) travels throughout Europe to find him.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of vulgar expressions
- Infrequent use of sexual references - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence; infrequent discussions of violence and depictions of corpses in a Holocaust context – some blood and detail
- Infrequent breast nudity in a pictorial, non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- The bonds of friendship
- Music and expression
- Uncovering the past
Rated PG for mature subject matter