COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama/Biography. Based on the book by Bryan Stevenson. A black lawyer (Michael B. Jordan) from Delaware moves to Alabama to defend inmates on death row, including a man (Jamie Foxx) who was convicted with an inadequate trial.
- Frequent use of scatological slang; infrequent use of cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and ethno-cultural slurs
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence in prison and policing contexts - little blood or detail; infrequent portrayals of death by execution - no blood or detail
- Infrequent portrayals of smoking and alcohol use in a recreational context - little detail
- Institutional racism
- The pursuit of justice
- Dedication and commitment
Rated PG for coarse language and some violence