COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Biography/Drama. Based on the article "American Nightmare: The Ballad of Richard Jewell" by Marie Brenner. After discovering a bomb during the 1996 Summer Olympics, an Atlanta security guard (Paul Walter Hauser) becomes the prime suspect of an FBI investigation led by an agent (Jon Hamm) convinced of his guilt.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons violence in a terrorism context - some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
- Uncovering the truth
- Honesty and integrity
- Perspectives on heroism
Rated 14A for coarse language and violence