COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Horror/Comedy. After purchasing a unique dress from a mysterious clerk (Fatma Mohamed) at a department store, a recently divorced woman (Marianne Jean-Baptiste) begins to experience a series of strange occurrences.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence, some in a horror context - some blood and wound detail
- Frequent portrayals of frightening scenes and nightmarish imagery, most in a supernatural context – some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity - no nudity, some detail
- Infrequent buttock and female genital nudity in an artistic context – some blood
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- Exploring the unknown
- Power and control
Rated 18A for violence, frightening scenes, and sexual content in a genre context