COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Documentary. Filmmakers and sound designers discuss the evolution of sound in cinema and the role it plays in storytelling.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and ethno-cultural slurs
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and gun violence in a cinematic context - some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco use and references to illegal drug use in a recreational context
- Art and science
- Perspectives on storytelling
- The history of cinema
Rated PG for coarse language and violence in a documentary context