COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Documentary. After years of self-medicating and opioid addiction, a woman decides to try psychedelics in an effort to heal herself.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang and profanity
- Infrequent depictions of drug opioid withdrawal and medical treatment – some detail
- Infrequent depictions of tobacco, psychedelics, methadone, and morphine use, most in an addiction context; infrequent depictions of illegal drug paraphernalia
- Coping with trauma
- Alternative medicine and psychedelics
Rated PG for mature subject matter, substance use, and coarse language in a documentary context