COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Crime/Drama. A low ranking mobster (Harvey Keitel) struggles to protect his friend (Robert De Niro) from loan sharks after he incurs many debts.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence - some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity - breast nudity, little detail
- Infrequent breast, buttock, and female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- The bonds of friendship
- The families we make
Rated 14A for coarse language, violence, and nudity