COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Comedy. After the success of his comedy records, Rudy Ray Moore (Eddie Murphy) makes a film centred on his popular Dolemite persona.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions; infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and sexual slurs
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references – some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence in a filmmaking context – some blood and detail
- Frequent female frontal and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context, often in a performance context
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in historical and recreational contexts
- Commitment and dedication
- Public versus private lives
- Creativity and collaboration
Rated 14A for coarse language and nudity