COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Arabic-language Documentary. Amidst air strikes and bombings, a group of female doctors in Ghouta, Syria struggle with systemic sexism while trying to care for the injured using limited resources.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent depictions of injuries and suffering, most involving children, in a war/medical context - some blood and detail
- Infrequent depictions of tobacco use in a recreational context
- Commitment to a purpose
- The horrors of war
- Gender and power
Rated 14A for violence and suffering in a documentary context