COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Swahili-language Documentary. Young women and girls in Tanzania go to a safe house to avoid Female genital mutilation (FGM).
- Frequent references and descriptions of FGM - detail
- Infrequent portrayals and depictions of suffering in an FGM context - little blood and detail
- Gender-based violence
- Challenging traditions
- Human rights
Rated PG for disturbing content in a documentary context