COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
French-language Drama. Based on the novel by Jocelyne Saucier. A pair of hermits’ (Rémy Girard, Gilbert Sicotte) lives are shaken up by the arrival of an elderly woman (Andrée Lachapelle) in need of a home.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and profanity
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence, some involving animals, some in a suicide context – little blood, some detail
- Brief portrayals of frightening scenes and transformations in a horror context – some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity – breast nudity, some detail
- Infrequent buttock nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol, tobacco, and cannabis use in a recreational context
- Coping with trauma
- Reflecting on the past
- Connections and belonging
Rated 14A for mature subject matter and sexual content