COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. Based on the book 'I Heard You Paint Houses' by Charles Brandt. A former hitman (Robert De Niro) reflects on his years working for a notorious mobster (Joe Pesci) and his friendship with Jimmy Hoffa (Al Pacino).
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions; infrequent use of ethno-cultural slurs
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence – blood and some detail
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in recreational and historical contexts
- Greed and corruption
- Power and control
- Revisiting the past
Rated 14A for coarse language and violence