COVID-19 response: Movie theatres must close
Effective December 13, 2020 some businesses will be required to close, reduce capacity or limit their in-person access. This includes movie theatres. These mandatory restrictions apply province-wide and will be in place at least until January 21, 2021.
Learn more about new mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. Based on the book 'I Heard You Paint Houses' by Charles Brandt. A former hitman (Robert De Niro) reflects on his years working for a notorious mobster (Joe Pesci) and his friendship with Jimmy Hoffa (Al Pacino).
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions; infrequent use of ethno-cultural slurs
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence – blood and some detail
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in recreational and historical contexts
- Greed and corruption
- Power and control
- Revisiting the past
Rated 14A for coarse language and violence