COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Action/Science Fiction. Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) and a cyborg (Mackenzie Davis) must protect a young woman (Natalia Reyes) from a Terminator (Gabriel Luna) that has been sent from the future.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang; infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, vehicular, and hand-to-hand violence in an action context – blood and some detail
- Frequent portrayals of frightening transformations – some detail
- Infrequent breast and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
- Sacrifice and survival
- Developing trust
- Fate and destiny
Rated 14A for violence and coarse language