COVID-19 response: Movie theatres must close
Effective December 13, 2020 some businesses will be required to close, reduce capacity or limit their in-person access. This includes movie theatres. These mandatory restrictions apply province-wide and will be in place at least until January 21, 2021.
Learn more about new mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
French-language Drama. After the death of his older sister (Greta Scacchi), a young man (Vincent Lacoste) becomes responsible for the care of his seven-year-old niece (Isaure Multrier).
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of injury and death in a mass-shooting context - some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity - breast nudity, some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- Coping with loss
- Family bonds
- Acceptance and change
Rated 14A for coarse language, violence, and sexual content