COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Hindi-language Drama. In rural Uttar Pradesh, a pair of 60-year-old grandmothers (Taapsee Pannu, Bhumi Pednekar) begin competing in sharpshooting competitions without their husbands' knowledge.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and developmental slurs
- Infrequent, brief portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence – little blood and detail
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco use in a recreational context; infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
- Gender and power
- Commitment and determination
- The impact of competitive sports
Rated PG for smoking