COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. Three girls (Kelly Washington, Alpa Banker, Jessica Obilom) are sold into sexual slavery and trafficked to a brothel in Texas.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context, some in an aggressive context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and ethno-cultural slurs
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence in sex trafficking and domestic violence contexts - some blood, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual assault – no nudity, some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexually suggestive scenes - no nudity or detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context; infrequent portrayals of illegal drug use in a coercion context
- Coping with trauma
- Exploitation and sexual slavery
Rated 14A for mature subject matter, sexual violence, and coarse language