COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Comedy/Horror. Two high school seniors (Brianna Hildebrand, Alexandra Shipp), obsessed with a local serial killer (Kevin Durand), attempt to gain fame by posting photos of the killings on social media.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, sexual language, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence - much blood, gore, and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- The bonds of friendship
- Perspectives on fame
Rated 18A for gory violence in a genre context