COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Thriller/Horror. After moving to the suburbs, a family (Dawn Van de Schoot, Hailey Foss, Kaeleb Zain Gartner) is thrown into chaos when they receive mysterious letters directing them to kill or be killed.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang; infrequent use of cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and sexual slurs
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence - much blood and gory detail
- Infrequent breast nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in a recreational context
- Power and control
- Family bonds
Rated 18A for gory violence and coarse language