COVID-19 response: Movie theatres must close
Effective December 13, 2020 some businesses will be required to close, reduce capacity or limit their in-person access. This includes movie theatres. These mandatory restrictions apply province-wide and will be in place at least until January 21, 2021.
Learn more about new mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Czech-language Fantasy/Horror. Based on the novel by Vitezslav Nezval. After her earrings are stolen, a young girl (Jaroslava Schallerová) becomes enamoured with the thief (Petr Kopriva).
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, some in a self-harm context – some blood, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity – breast and buttock nudity, little detail
- Frequent breast and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in a recreational context
- Navigating female sexuality
- The pursuit of youth
- Identity and coming of age
Rated 14A for nudity as well as some sexual content and violence