COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Czech-language Fantasy/Horror. Based on the novel by Vitezslav Nezval. After her earrings are stolen, a young girl (Jaroslava Schallerová) becomes enamoured with the thief (Petr Kopriva).
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, some in a self-harm context – some blood, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity – breast and buttock nudity, little detail
- Frequent breast and buttock nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in a recreational context
- Navigating female sexuality
- The pursuit of youth
- Identity and coming of age
Rated 14A for nudity as well as some sexual content and violence