COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. After violent attack, a Florida family (Kelvin Harrison Jr., Taylor Russell, Renée Elise Goldsberry, Sterling K. Brown) drifts apart.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual or aggressive context; infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, cursing, ethno-cultural slurs, and vulgar expressions, some in an aggressive context
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence, some in a domestic context – some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity – no nudity, some detail
- Infrequent buttock nudity in a non-sexual context
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, and illegal and prescription drug use in a recreational context – some detail
- Family dynamics
- Coping with trauma
- Navigating adolescence
Rated 14A for coarse language, detailed substance use, and some violence