COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Horror. When a nurse (Elizabeth Lail) downloads a mysterious cellphone app that tells you when you will die, she must fight the clock to stay alive.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and vehicular violence, some in a suicide context- some blood, little detail; portrayal of sexual assault – no nudity, little detail
- Frequent portrayals of unexplained physical and audible phenomena, nightmarish imagery, and frightening scenes – some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexually suggestive scenes – no nudity or detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
- Coping with loss
Rated 14A for frightening scenes and genre violence