COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Action/Comedy/Horror. When one of their number heads off on her own (Abigail Breslin), a group of veteran zombie killers (Emma Stone, Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson) set off to find her.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; frequent use of profanity; infrequent use of cursing, scatological slang, and vulgar expressions
- Pervasive portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence in a zombie context - much blood, gore, and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and cannabis use in a recreational context - little detail
- Frequent portrayals of crude bodily functions, most in a zombie context - some detail
- The families we make
Rated 18A for pervasive, gory zombie violence