COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Action/Thriller. Based on the character created by David Morell. When human traffickers kidnap his niece (Yvette Monreal) in Mexico, John Rambo (Sylvester Stallone) uses his skills as an elite combat soldier to rescue her and get revenge.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, sexual slurs, and vulgar expressions - some in an aggressive context
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence - much blood, gore, and wound detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal drug use, some in a forced context - some detail
- Coping with trauma
- Family bonds
Rated 18A for brutal and gory violence