COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Horror/Thriller. A group of friends (Florence Pugh, Jack Reynor, William Jackson Harper, Will Poulter) travel to Sweden to take part in a nine day midsummer festival.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context, some in an aggressive context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence, some in a suicide or disturbing context, some involving animals – blood and gory detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity – breast and buttock nudity, detail
- Infrequent buttock and male and female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context; brief female genital nudity in an artistic context
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal substance use, most in a recreational context – some detail
- Grief and loss
- Loneliness and isolation
- Sacrifice and survival
Rated 18A for gory and disturbing violence as well as detailed sexual content