COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. Based in the novel by James Leo Herlihy. Shortly after arriving in New York City, a naïve man (Jon Voight) befriends a homeless con man (Dustin Hoffman).
- Frequent use of cursing, profanity, and sexual slurs; infrequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayal of hand-to-hand violence -- no blood, little detail
- Portrayal of sexual assault – buttock nudity, little detail
- Frequent portrayals of sexual activity – breast and buttock nudity, some detail
- Infrequent buttock and breast nudity in a non-sexual context
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use; infrequent portrayals of cannabis and illegal substance use in a recreational context
- Masculinity and sexuality
- Belonging and purpose
- Friendship and survival
Rated 14A for sexual content, nudity, and some mature subject matter