COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Crime/Drama. Based on the comic by Ollie Masters and Ming Doyle. In 1970s New York City, when the gangster husbands of three women (Melissa McCarthy, Elisabeth Moss, Tiffany Haddish) go to jail, the women take over their rackets.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual or aggressive context; frequent use of scatological slang; infrequent use of cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and sexual and ethno-cultural slurs
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, some in a domestic context - some blood, little detail; brief portrayal of sexual violence - no nudity or detail
- Brief portrayal of sexual activity - no nudity or detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context - little detail
- The families we make
- Gender and power
- Self-reliance and solidarity
Rated 14A for coarse language and violence