French/Kurdish/Arabic-language Drama. A French war journalist (Emmanuelle Bercot) follows a group of Kurdish women (Golshifteh Farahani) fighting to take back their homeland from Muslim extremists.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, vulgar expressions and developmental slurs
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, most in a war context, some in a suicide context – blood, distress, and some detail
- Infrequent references to sexual assault – little detail
- Perspectives on motherhood
- The horrors of war
- Commitment and dedication
Rated 14A for violence and some disturbing content