COVID-19 response: Movie theatres must close
Effective December 13, 2020 some businesses are required to close, reduce capacity or limit their in-person access. This includes movie theatres. These mandatory restrictions apply provincewide and will remain in place until further notice.
Learn more about mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
French-language Drama. Based on the novel by Ernest Perochon. During WWI, a French mother (Nathalie Baye) and daughter (Laura Smet), with the help of a hired woman (Iris Bry), keep the family farm going while the men are at war.
- Infrequent use of sexual and ethno-cultural slurs
- Infrequent portrayals of gun and weapons violence in a war context - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexually suggestive scenes and sexual activity - no nudity, some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of smoking and alcohol use in a historic context - little detail
- Life during wartime
- Coping with loss
- Complexity of relationships
Rated PG for infrequent portrayals of sexual content