Keeping Alberta Affordable: Eligible seniors and families with children under 18 can apply for $600 affordability payments. Learn more and apply now
Scribing for Emergency Management prepares emergency management staff for the integral role a scribe plays in high-stress situations where decision-making relies heavily on strong, credible information.
This course is designed to:
- discuss the integral role that scribes play in emergency management
- explain how a scribe directly contributes to an organization’s response efforts
- introduce scribing methods and best practices
- Students must attend the full course to be issued a certificate of completion.
- Students must complete Basic Emergency Management and ICS I-100 to enroll in Scribing for Emergency Management.
The Alberta Emergency Management Agency offers this course in-class and online.
- The facilitated in-class course is designed to take 3 to 5 hours to complete.
- The self-directed online course is designed to take 2 to 4 hours to complete.
For more information on this course, see the Scribing for Emergency Management course outline (PDF, 316 KB).
How to enrol
Connect with Alberta Emergency Management Agency Training:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Email: [email protected]
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.