- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Get vaccinated: Everyone 40+. Many 16+ with health conditions. Walk-ins for AstraZeneca.
The school outbreak map shows the current status of COVID-19 in K to 12 schools across Alberta.
Public health measures are in place to support the safe operation of schools. This includes mandatory masking, physical distancing when possible, enhanced cleaning, and daily symptom screening.
If a case is confirmed in a school, contact tracers and public health officials identify potential exposure and limit spread.
School status classification
Updated reporting took effect January 18, 2021.
- No school status to report.
- The school continues near normal operations with public health measures in place.
Alert (1 to 4 cases)
- Parents are notified by their child’s school when a single confirmed case and when multiple confirmed cases are identified within the school.
- Schools with 2 or more cases are reported on the map.
- When 2 or more confirmed cases are identified within the school, public health officials initiate an investigation to monitor risk level and work with the school.
- After the first 2 cases within 14 days are identified, additional cases in the school will be included in the investigation as long as there is less than 28 days between subsequent cases.
- The alert investigation is considered over when there have been no new confirmed cases in the school for 28 days.
Outbreak (5 to 9 cases) and (10+ cases)
- An outbreak is reported when 5 or more cases are confirmed in an investigation, where the disease could have been acquired or transmitted in the school.
- Outbreaks are reported on the map as 5 to 9 cases or 10+ cases.
- Risk monitoring continues. Additional public health measures may be required. The school may move to scenario 2 (partial in-person classes) or scenario 3 (at-home learning).
- The outbreak investigation is considered over when there have been no new confirmed cases in the school for 28 days.
Schools with 2 or more confirmed cases are identified on the map. The map is updated Monday to Friday, on school days.
Open (no status to report)
Alert (2 to 4 cases)
Outbreak (5 to 9 cases and 10+ cases)