The following FAQs are organized by subject. The question will link you to the answer in Adobe format, you can download a free copy of the Adobe Reader here.

Where can I purchase the construction and installation codes used in the Province of Alberta?


What are the requirements for bedroom windows?

Are there any code requirements regarding the use of foamed plastics in my home?


What are the requirements for portable Extinguishers on Vehicles?

Private Sewage Treatment Systems

What are the separation distance requirements for sewage treatment systems regulated by the Private Sewage Disposal Systems Regulation?


Connect with the Public Safety Division:

Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Phone: 780-644-1010 (within Canada and the United States)
Toll free: 1-866-421-6929 (within Canada)