RTDRS offices are temporarily closed to the public.
RTDRS is conducting all hearings by phone. Parties to a previously scheduled in-person hearing will be contacted about the change. Parties wishing to proactively provide their phone number for an upcoming hearing are asked to phone 403-297-8550 and leave a message with their name, case number and phone number.
RTDRS continues to accept applications through the online RTDRS eFiling Service.
Applications for possession or termination of the tenancy agreement will be given priority in the RTDRS hearing schedule. Non-urgent applications, such as for damages or return of the security deposit, are being received, but there may be a delay in scheduling while COVID-19 is being managed.
For more information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Applications must be made within 2 years from the date that a potential claim is discovered. Applications are limited to claims of up to $50,000.
As of November 16, 2020, the RTDRS can accept all applications for remedies under the Mobile Home Sites Tenancies Act.
The following can apply for RTDRS:
- a landlord or a representative authorized by the landlord
- a tenant or a representative authorized by the tenant
Section numbers in tip sheet are subject to change. Current as of April, 2017.
What you can apply for
Landlords can apply for:
- unpaid rent and/or utilities
- ending the tenancy and possession of the premises
- financial damages from a tenant’s rental agreement breach
- compensation for losses due to an over-holding tenant (tenant has not vacated the premises at the end of the tenancy)
- order for a non-tenant occupant to vacate the premises (individual is not listed as a tenant on the rental agreement)
Tenants may apply for:
- return of security deposit
- ending the tenancy due to a landlord’s breach of the rental agreement
- financial damages from a landlord’s rental agreement breach
- reduction of rent for loss of benefit of a rental agreement
- compensation for performing the landlord’s obligations as outlined in the rental agreement