We recommend that you talk to a lawyer before taking any steps.
If you receive an ISO for child, spousal or partner support from the other party, you must respond to it before the court date.
The ISO contains:
- a Notice of Hearing – provides the court date and location
- an ISO Application pack:
- explains what the other party is asking for
- describes their evidence
- contains 2 forms – Form K, Form N
How to respond
Step 1. Gather your documents
The court will need your:
- complete tax returns from the past 3 years
- Notice of Assessment from the past 3 years
- pay stubs or other proof of income for this tax year
- list of what you spend on special expenses, including receipts if possible
- income from self-employment or non-employment sources (if applicable)
- to document this, contact Resolution and Court Administration Services
Step 2. Fill out the forms
In the ISO Application pack, fill out these forms:
Step 3. Prepare your response
- Include any documents that go with the forms.
- Make 2 copies of your forms and documents.
- Have the forms and documents sworn before a commissioner for oaths.
Step 4. File your response
File your response at the Court of Queen's Bench.
The clerk will keep your original forms and documents, then stamp your copies.
Step 5. Go to court
Attend the court hearing that’s listed in your Notice of Hearing on the designated day, at the appropriated time. Bring both copies of your forms and documents.