Changes due to COVID-19
In response to the current situation, Land Agents Licensing has taken the following actions to ensure the health and safety of Albertans, and to continue to provide delivery of service:
- All in-person service at Land Agents Licensing Office is suspended until further notice.
- License applications should be submitted to Land Agents Licensing via email.
- Application fees should be made electronically through the Government of Alberta eServices Payment Gateway.
- Application processing times may increase as it may take additional time to review and approve licenses.
- All Land Agent Licensing Examinations are suspended until further notice.
Learn more about changes due to COVID-19 (PDF, 66 KB)
Contact Land Agents Licensing at 780-415-4600 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you need information or wish to discuss your land agent license or your application. Watch this space for further updates.
The links below are not a comprehensive list of the government agencies or resources in regard to surface rights.
- Government of Alberta ministries and departments
- Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
- Alberta Energy Regulator
- Alberta Environment and Parks
- Alberta Utilities Commission
- Freedom of Information and Privacy
- Land Compensation Board
- Property Rights Advocate Office
- Surface Rights Board
- Government of Canada Home Page
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
- National Energy Board
- Transportation Safety Board of Canada
- Canadian Transportation Agency
- National Parks
British Columbia Government
United States Government
Associations and Agencies
- Alberta Association of Surface Land Agents
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Canadian Cattlemen’s Association – Alberta Cattle Commission
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Land Administration
- International Right of Way Association
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers
- Landmen.Net – The Network of Petroleum Landmen
- Petroleum Services Association of Canada (PSAC) – Industry Associations
- American Association of Professional Landmen
- The Appraisal Foundation
- Agricultural Professional Associations
- Alberta Association of Agricultural Societies
- Alberta Land Surveyors’ Association
- Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists, and Geophysicists of Alberta
- Canadian Association of Members of Public Utility Tribunals
- Canadian Standards Association
- Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists
- Coal Association of Canada
- Alberta Real Estate Association
The links below are not a comprehensive list of post-secondary institutions that provide programs or courses that may be relevant to land agents.
Connect with Land Agents Licensing:
Hours: 8:15 am to noon and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
3rd Floor, Labour Building
10808 99 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 0G5