COVID-19 Updates: State of public health emergency declared.
To modernize its processes and improve timeliness of decisions, we have launched the Surface Rights E-Filing Portal.
- fast, easy to navigate, and user-friendly
- clear design with a client-focused layout and customized dashboard
- safe, secure, and backed by the Government of Alberta
- streamlines the repeat application submission process
Coming soon – Automated acknowledgment of applications upon submission.
Step1. Register for MADI or MADI-B account
Go to Surface Rights E-Filing Portal. The sign up links for each type of MADI account are located on the portal home page.
Step 2. Access the portal
Once your MADI account is set up, sign in to the Surface Rights E-Filing Portal with your new account login information.
- We will continue to accept applications in-person, fax, email or by regular mail.
- The portal currently only accepts recovery of compensation applications. Other surface rights application types can be submitted using the options mentioned above.
Connect with the Land and Property Rights Tribunal:
Hours: 8:15 am to 4:30 pm (open Monday to Friday, closed noon to 1 pm, closed statutory holidays)
Toll free: 310-0000 before the phone number (in Alberta)
Email: [email protected]
Land and Property Rights Tribunal
2nd Floor, Summerside Business Centre
1229 91 Street SW
Edmonton, Alberta T6X 1E9
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.