To modernize its processes and improve timeliness of decisions, we have launched the Surface Rights E-Filing Portal.
- fast, easy to navigate, and user-friendly
- clear design with a client-focused layout and customized dashboard
- safe, secure, and backed by the Government of Alberta
- streamlines the repeat application submission process
- On-demand’ status updates that allows users to view the status of applications. This feature is expected to be available December 15, 2020.
- Automates acknowledgment of applications upon submission. This feature is expected to be available April 2021.
Step1. Register for MADI or MADI-B account
Go to Surface Rights E-Filing Portal. The sign up links for each type of MADI account are located on the portal home page.
Step 2. Access the portal
Once your MADI account is set up, sign in to the Surface Rights E-Filing Portal with your new account login information.
- We will continue to accept applications in-person, fax, email or by regular mail.
- The portal currently only accepts rental recovery applications. Other Surface Rights Board application types can be submitted using the options mentioned above.