Construction is about halfway complete on the $1.2 million infrastructure maintenance project to replace the chiller and air handling unit in the Red Deer Provincial Building. This work is part of an almost $2.5 million investment the Alberta government is injecting into Red Deer for infrastructure maintenance projects to help keep Albertans working.
“Faced with the economic realities brought on by COVID-19, it’s critical we find ways to help Alberta recover. Investments in capital maintenance and renewal projects ensure wise use of taxpayer dollars by taking care of our provincial assets while providing quick action, shovel-ready solutions that help keep businesses operating and Albertans working.”
“The infrastructure maintenance projects underway in our city are great news for us all. Any time we invest dollars right here in Red Deer, local companies and local workers benefit. This, in turn, ensures a much-needed boost to our local economy during these difficult times.”
“In these challenging times, our government is making strategic investments to maintain and renew the province’s public infrastructure. In Red Deer, infrastructure maintenance projects valued at about $2.5 million will keep Red Deer working, benefiting local businesses, individuals and families.”
- In response to the COVID-19 recession, the Alberta government is doubling its capital maintenance and renewal (CMR) funding in 2020-21 from $937 million to $1.9 billion by accelerating the Capital Plan.
- Alberta Infrastructure is delivering CMR projects valued at about $180.5 million in communities throughout the province. This funding will help keep about 1,014 Albertans working.
- In Red Deer, almost $2.5 million is being invested on four CMR projects:
- Construction is about halfway complete on the $1.2 million infrastructure maintenance project to replace the chiller and air handling unit in the Red Deer Provincial Building.
- Construction is underway on the $785,500 infrastructure maintenance project to replace three heating boilers at Michener Centre.
- Design is underway on the $300,000 infrastructure maintenance project to replace the main control hub for the security system in eight buildings within the Red Deer Provincial Building area hub.
- Design is underway on an $185,000 infrastructure maintenance project to replace the hot water tank at the Roland Michener Recreation Centre.
- More capital maintenance and renewal projects will be announced in Red Deer in the near future.