- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
Evacuees can apply for their emergency evacuation payments online beginning Monday, May 4, at noon. It can take up to 24 hours for funds to be e-transferred into bank accounts. Arrangements can be made for those who are unable to receive e-transfers through the Alberta Supports Contact Centre at 1-877-644-9992.
Evacuees being sheltered in hotels and other accommodations will have their costs covered by the province and local municipalities.
“Albertans are facing some of the toughest challenges in our province’s history. Our government will stand by Albertans during this trying time and we will make sure everyone has the support they need. Financial assistance is available to evacuees to help with their short-term needs while they are away from their homes. As we navigate our way through these unprecedented times, Albertans will continue to be there for one another.”
Costs associated with housing evacuees in hotel rooms are currently being paid by local municipalities but those costs will be reimbursed as part of the Government of Alberta’s Disaster Recovery Program (DRP).
“I want to extend my heartfelt support to the residents of Fort McMurray and all communities in Northern Alberta affected by the floods. I know you are worried about your homes and you’re likely concerned about how you will pay for expenses, while you’re away. These emergency payments will help with the costs of evacuation. Our government stands with you. Together, we will help you get through this.”
- Local updates can be found at:
- Information on the application process can be found at www.alberta.ca/emergency, starting Monday, May 4.
- To receive your payment via Interac e-Transfer, you will also need a personal email address.
- Funds will be deposited vie e-transfer directly into your bank account. Note: It can take up to 24 hours for funds to be e-transferred.
- People unable to register electronically or receive an e-transfer should call the Alberta Supports Contact Centre at 1-877-644-9992.