Registry services coming to Red Earth Creek
The community of Red Earth Creek is receiving in-person registry services this week as part of a pilot project to improve rural Albertans’ access to registry services.
The Red Earth Creek pilot is part of the Alberta government’s overall initiative to improve and modernize the delivery of registry services in Alberta, and will help determine the feasibility of offering mobile in-person registry services to other communities in the future.
“All Albertans, no matter where they live, deserve to have convenient access to registry services. In particular, rural Albertans often have to travel long distances to access these services, which are more accessible in urban areas. This pilot lets us test out an innovative way to improve rural Albertans’ access to the important services registries provide.”
“Living in the North, I know the long trips my constituents sometimes have to take to access registry services in person, and that’s why I’m so proud our government is offering solutions.”
A mobile registry office in the MD of Opportunity No. 17 Red Earth Creek Sub-Office will offer select registry services to residents Oct. 16-18.
The registry services available to Red Earth Creek residents during the week include:
- Motor vehicle services, including driver’s licence knowledge testing, driver’s licence and ID card applications and renewals, driver abstracts, vehicle registration renewals, and personalized licence plate orders.
- Requests for birth, death and marriage certificates.
- Corporate registry searches.
- Personal property searches.
Service Alberta will use the pilot to help determine if mobile registry services better meet the needs of Albertans in rural and remote locations and determine if there is a business case for private industry to provide mobile registry services.
- The Association of Alberta Registry Agents and the Alberta Motor Association are the two major stakeholder organizations that make up the Registry Agent Network.
- The current network of 224 privately owned registry agents delivers over 200 government products and services at in-person locations throughout the province, where 30,000 Albertans receive services daily.