Highway 19 work includes detours and lane changes
As work on the east portion of Highway 19 continues north of Edmonton International Airport, drivers will see detours and traffic changes starting the evening of July 9.
The intersection at Highway 19 and Range Road 251B/36 Street (Airport Perimeter Road) will be closed. A new intersection on Highway 19, between Range Road 252 and Range Road 253 (42 Street) will provide access to a realigned Airport Perimeter Road.
Current traffic on Highway 19 will be temporarily rerouted to new eastbound lanes on the south side of Highway 19 between the Highway 2 overpass and Range Road 253. The exit ramp from Highway 2 onto Highway 19 will also be widened to accommodate intersection upgrades and to add another lane.
Construction on the east portion of Highway 19 is expected to be completed this fall.
- Detours and digital message boards will advise drivers of the changes.
- Drivers are advised to watch for signage and flag persons.
- Speed reductions will be in place.
- Minimal delays are expected (less than 15 minutes).
- Check 511 for real time updates.