“We heard quite clearly from the Red Tape Review Task Force that more needs to be done to support small business growth in Alberta,” said Thomas Lukaszuk, Deputy Premier and Minister of Enterprise and Advanced Education. “Business owners have said that easy access to timely, relevant information is important for their success. Consolidating all of this information online will help support new and existing businesses to prosper and grow.”
A new landing page accessible with one click from the main Government of Alberta webpage consolidates information on business services, such as:
- The Business Link - offering free to low-cost business seminars for business startups, helping entrepreneurs grow their business;
- Productivity Alberta - offering tools and services to help companies become stronger by showing them how they can increase their productivity and profitability;
- Rural Alberta Business Centres - where advisors provide one-stop access to information services that support the development, growth and success of small businesses in rural communities;
- BizPaL - an online permit and licence service providing a complete list of permits and licences from all levels of government; and,
- Alberta Innovates Connector - offering free, personalized services connecting innovators and entrepreneurs to resources, people and organizations.
The landing page also provides a link to a new webpage listing all 1100 government regulations.. It also includes a new feedback function so that Albertans can comment on proposed regulations.
The improved access to business services and regulations reflects input that the Alberta government heard from business organizations and the recommendations of the Red Tape Review Task Force.
Media inquiries may be directed to:
Enterprise and Advanced Education
To call toll free within Alberta dial 310-0000.