Explore Local begins its 2020 webinar series on Tuesday December 3, 2019 with the webinar Safe Food for Canadians Regulations. It gets underway at 10 am.
The Safe Food for Canadians Regulations came into effect in January 2019. All food producers need to know and follow the regulations that pertain to their business. This webinar will provide a general overview of the new regulations and the changes they bring to producing and selling food in Alberta. It will include specific production and marketing examples. Liz Yip with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is presenting this webinar.
Tentative 2020 webinar dates and topics:
- January 9 – collective kitchens and other food processing services
- January 16 – building an emergency response plan for your food business or farmers’ market
- February 6 – living the food recall experience
- February 20 – local food and beverage sales trends and opportunities
- March 5 – Alberta Food Regulation for farmers’ market managers and vendors
- March 12 – community supported agriculture
- April 2 – finance options for small scale food businesses
- April 16 – alternative market channels to retail and food service
- April 30 – Local Food Council recommendations
Explore Local is the Alberta Agriculture and Forestry program that helps producers and others build on and capture growth opportunities in the local food market.
Connect with Explore Local: