The Recreation and Physical Activity Branch (RPAB) offers both operating and project grants to eligible recreation and physical activity sector organizations.
These grants are essential to RPAB’s goal of making Albertans more active, more often through recreation and physical activity.
Funding is available through two streams: Operating and Project.
The Recreation and Physical Activity Branch manage four closed operating grant programs.
- Engagement Operating grant (EO)
- Engagement Operating Grant Application (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Activity Specific Recreational Organizations Operating grant (ASRO)
- Leadership and Certification Operating grant (LCO)
- Leadership and Certification Operating Grant Application (PDF, 337 KB)
- Post-Secondary Partnership Operating grant (PSP)
- Post-Secondary Partnership Operating Grant Application (PDF, 418 KB)
Eligibility will be restricted to current recipients of the Alberta Active Living and Organizational Support operating grant programs until the initial three-year funding cycle ends in 2022.
Project Macro grant
The Macro grant supports projects up to $25,000 that foster cooperation, innovation and research.
Project Micro grant
The Micro grant supports projects up to $10,000 that are theme specific each grant cycle.
Other grant programs
Alberta Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women offers a number of grant programs for non-profit organizations in Alberta that support your project and operational costs.
To connect with the Recreation and Physical Activity Branch:
6th Floor, Commerce Place
10155 102 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4G8