The Public Library Services Branch is part of the Corporate Strategic Services Division of Municipal Affairs.
- provide consultative support to over 200 municipal and intermunicipal library boards and 7 library system boards established under the Libraries Act in areas related to legislation and management of public library service
- deliver orientation programs for public library trustees
- consult with staff and trustees of municipal and system boards on planning and policy development for municipal boards and regional service delivery at the library system level
- develop financial policy and deliver Public Library Board Operating Grants to help public library boards in the provision of library service
- collect and publish provincial public library statistics which provide a summary of library funding and performance indicators for all public library boards
- support ministry initiatives including the annual Minister's Awards for Excellence in Public Library Service
- coordinate and support the Public Library Network
For all public library service programs, resources and information, see the public library services page.
Was this page helpful?
You will NOT receive a reply on your feedback. Do NOT include personal information. To get answers to questions, use Alberta Connects.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca.