COVID-19 response: Public library closures
Alberta’s public libraries remain committed to providing online resources for educational and entertainment purposes during their closure as Albertans practice social distancing and self-isolation. Please visit your local library’s website for access and information (see Alberta public library directory).
Public library boards and administrators can contact the Public Library Services Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
The Public Library Services Branch is part of the Corporate Strategic Services Division of Municipal Affairs.
- provide consultative support to over 200 municipal and intermunicipal library boards and 7 library system boards established under the Libraries Act in areas related to legislation and management of public library service
- deliver orientation programs for public library trustees
- consult with staff and trustees of municipal and system boards on planning and policy development for municipal boards and regional service delivery at the library system level
- develop financial policy and deliver Public Library Board Operating Grants to help public library boards in the provision of library service
- collect and publish provincial public library statistics which provide a summary of library funding and performance indicators for all public library boards
- support ministry initiatives including the annual Minister's Awards for Excellence in Public Library Service
- coordinate and support the Public Library Network
For all public library service programs, resources and information, see the public library services page.
Connect with the Public Library Services Branch:
803, 10405 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4R7