Services and information
- Consular Corps of Alberta
Descriptions, duties and contact information for the province’s consular officers.
- Flag etiquette
The Canadian and provincial flags are symbols of honour and pride. Learn about their proper use.
- Order of Precedence
The Order of Precedence outlines the order of importance of officials for ceremonies and special events in Alberta.
- Protocol for ceremonies
Learn about official seating arrangements and speaking order for events and ceremonies.
- Toasting the Queen
Proper procedures for giving a toast.
About the Protocol Office
The Alberta Protocol Office provides a variety of services to the provincial government and the community at large.
The Protocol Office:
- Plans, coordinates and conducts visit programs for senior-level international governmental delegations coming to Alberta.
- Develops and conducts government ceremonial events such as the Throne Speech and Remembrance Day commemoration.
- Manages bookings for Government House, the 10th floor of the Edmonton Federal Building.
- Advises government, community groups, the private sector and individuals about protocol requirements for special events.