COVID-19 Updates: Protecting Albertans from the Omicron variant.
About the Protocol Office
The Alberta Protocol Office provides a variety of services to the provincial government and the community at large.
The Protocol Office:
- Supports political, economic and cultural relations by welcoming and supporting international dignitaries visiting Alberta.
- Develops and conducts government ceremonial events such as the Swearing-in of Cabinet, Throne Speech, installation of the Lieutenant Governor and Remembrance Day commemoration.
- Issues notifications to Government of Alberta ministries and other stakeholders in Alberta on half-masting and other displays of flags and banners.
- Manages bookings for Government House, McDougall Centre and the 10th and 11th floors of the Edmonton Federal Building.
- Advises government, community groups, the private sector and individuals about protocol requirements for special events.
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.